Meditation is the key to accessing our inner stillness. There are many benefits of meditation such as it;
• Regulates our heart rate
• Lowers our anxiety levels
• Helps us feel calm
• Helps us become less reactive
• Brings us clarity
Thousands of employees from large companies have gone through Mindfulness programs with data now showing that there is a definite impact on leadership skills by practicing mindfulness, such as;
• Increase in productivity
• Increase in decision-making
• Increase in listening
• Reduction in stress levels
The benefits of meditation and mindfulness come from a daily practice over an extended period. You wouldn’t expect to pick up a new sport or language by reading about it and practising once a week. Your body and mind are the most complex instruments in the universe, so it takes time and practice to use them effectively and harmoniously.
· Don’t make rules – you can sit from 5 minutes or 30 minutes, it’s up to you!
· Start early to set you up for the day
· Follow your breath, nothing more, nothing less
A commitment to regular practice will enable you to reap the benefit of mindfulness. We recommend trying out the following apps; Headspace, Calm, Insight Timer or heading over to our Resources page where we have some Mindfulness resources.